JAGU has close ties with many foreign educational institutions.
In 2016,the Erasmus approved with the project ROAD(Regional Objectives of Administrative Development).The first coordinator in this project is Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal.
The common objectives (goal) this project strengthen the strategy of local development with civil servants.
Specific objectives – the creation of a training and consulting center in JAGU (the ROAD Training and Consulting Center), which will provide training and advice to local civil servants, taking into account local development trends, will develop recommendations for a local development strategy. Training and retraining of high-ranking civil servants of the Kyrgyz Republic will help to establish a strong, modern and effective civil service. The project contributes to this goal(objectives) by developing and implementing a new training scheme that will significantly improve the public sector through the promotion of principles of transparency, ethics and democracy.
The partners of the project in the number of JAGU are:
- 1 Instituto Superior Técnico, coordinator – Portugal
- International University for the Humanities and Development – Turkmenistan
- Turkmen State Institute of Finance – Turmenia
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya – Spain
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili – Spain
- . Escola d’Administració Pública – Spain
- Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria – Spain
- Kungliga Tekniska Hoegskolan – Sweden
- Capacity Building Consulting Group – Bishkek
- Issykkul State University named after K.Tynystanov – Issyk-Kul
- Arabaev Kyrgyz State University – Bishkek
The project started the implementation of planned activities.
- In 2017, in March the first meeting with coordinators in Lisbon, Portugal. This project conducted Professor Eshiev Asylbek.
- Since April 2017, within the framework of the project, work began on questionnaires among representatives of local self-government bodies, taking into account which further plans for the project will be planned;
- In June 2017, it is planned to hold training for trainers in Bishkek.